This qualification aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, deliver and supervise safe and effective group training sessions.
During the qualification learners will cover
- Anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness.
- Health and safety in the group training environment.
- The skills to support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle.
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective group training sessions.
- Professionalism for group training.
- Personal and professional development.
- Delivering exceptional customer service.
Experience of group training classes is highly recommended.
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
Learners must complete the four mandatory units and at least one of the optional units, learners can complete both units if required.
Qualification Guidance – Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells.
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Suspended Movement Training.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Promoting Community Health and Well-Being.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Exercise and Health.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
Course Price: £600
E-Learning Price: £495
To enquire with us about this course, please
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self